Plans can change in an instant. Leases can’t.
If you find yourself in the position where you need a sublessor; don’t panic.
For every person trying to find a sublessor there is someone trying to find a place to sublease.
You just need to know how to find them.
There are a few routes to take;
- Contact your complex’s office. The complex could be full and have a waiting list. This is rare but it DOES happen.
- Post in your college or universities various Facebook groups. Almost every college has some sort of roommate or apartment page where people can post.
- Make sure you not only post pictures of the apartment from the website but add some of your own. People like to see exactly where they’ll be living.
- Make flyers and hang them around campus. For some people, seeing the apartment in front of them while they walk to class is a “sign” that they should live there.
- Invest in colored ink if you can. You’re selling something, so you want it to POP compared to every other flyer on the wall.
- Ask around. People talk, so why not let them talk about your apartment?
- Talk to people in your classes, on the bus, standing in line for coffee. If nothing else, it’s a great ice breaker.
Searching for a sublessor may feel like the end of the world but it’s not. You will find one and be able to move on with your life.
Have any tips on finding a sublessor? We want to hear them, comment below