Arguably one of the most used kitchen appliances in a college student’s apartment, the microwave is the also one of the dirtiest.
Food splatters. Soup spills. Plates crack. Microwaves get dirty.
Having to clean the microwave is the one chore no one ever seems to want to do. But why? Cleaning your microwave can be easy and pain-free.
As a rule of thumb between cleanings and cooking different meals, try to wipe down your microwave after each use. This will stop old food from settling in and clean off any excess grease left.
When it comes time to actually clean follow these steps;
- Grab 2 cups of water and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. For those of you who don’t love the smell of vinegar, it’s totally ok to add some vanilla or a different scent into the mix.
- Combine all of you “ingredients” in a microwave-safe bowl. The last thing you want when trying to clean your microwave is for a bowl to explode inside of it.
- Place your concoction in the microwave for 6 minutes.
- When the timer is done, DO NOT open the microwave. Let this mixture sit inside for 2 to 4 minute.
- Remove the bowl and use a sponge to clean the interior of your microwave.
You love your microwave so it deserves to be really cleaned every once in a while.
Have any tips on cleaning a microwave? Let us know!