The capital of North Carolina and the county seat of Wake County, Raleigh, NC is known as the "City of Oaks" due to the trees which line its city streets. Founded in 1792, the city was named after Sir Walter Raleigh, who attempted to establish the first English colony in the new world more than 200 years before.
Though much of the city resides in Wake County, a small portion of it is located in neighboring Durham County. The Greater Raleigh Area consists of Raleigh as well as 11 other Wake County municipalities, including: Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell and Zebulon.
In 2013, the city was number three on the Forbes list of the best places for businesses and careers. In 2014, Forbes named it seventh on the top ten list of America's Smartest Cities and WalletHub listed it at number 8 for the Best Cities in America to Live. The Huffington Post named it among the five American cities that you should visit in 2015. Top employers there include the State of North Carolina, the Wake County Public School System, and North Carolina State University.
Raleigh is part of what is known as Research Triangle, the geographical area which houses North Carolina State University, Duke University in Durham, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In fact, the Greater Raleigh Area is home to 10 traditional colleges and universities, as well as satellite campuses and other private for-profit institutions of higher education. The Research Triangle Park is among the nation's largest and most respected research and development business parks.
Raleigh, NC college apartment rentals reflect the true diversity of the area.
Named the best small town in America, the suburb of Apex is just 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and is considered one of the most convenient areas in the Research Triangle in which to live. It offers an easy commute to colleges and universities as well as access to recreational facilities.
The Downtown neighborhood is truly where "all the action is" in Raleigh. Encompassing four of the local institutions of higher learning, downtown Raleigh is also home to "little New York," an area bustling with nightlife and one-of-a-kind restaurant experiences. It's perfect for youthful urban living, with plenty of places for residents to walk to.
Cameron Park features a close-knit community with a number of events held each year for the purpose of bringing residents together. It's close to North Carolina State University's campus, so this historic district is home to many students.
Oakwood, a neighborhood found on the National Register of Historic Places, features historic buildings just minutes from downtown and within the Raleigh beltline.
Midtown is located north of the I-440 beltline and offers residents a number of shops and restaurants. It also features the North Hill Park area, with a number of recreational and outdoor opportunities.
North Raleigh provides its apartment dwellers with wooded settings that are also convenient to downtown and the Research Triangle Park. The area is rapidly growing, taking in both inner beltway and outer beltway areas. This neighborhood also includes the North Hills Country Club and quick access to the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
The upscale Chapel Hill neighborhood is affluent living at its finest, as well as a convenience for those attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It features a vibrant downtown as well as plenty of choices for shopping and dining.
East Raleigh-South Park Historic District is a grouping of African-American neighborhoods. The 30-block area is located south of downtown and features grocery stores, churches, restaurants, and a unique feel that makes it a very desirable area to live in. The East Raleigh area is also in close proximity to the WakeMed Raleigh campus and easy driving distance from other colleges and universities in the area.
Each of our Raleigh apartment listings contains photos, floor plans, lists of amenities, and much more.
State : North Carolina
Area code(s) : 919, 984
Water : 2.0 sq mi (2.5 km2)
Elevation : 315 ft (96 m)
Breakfast has long been said to bethe most important meal of the day, but it's easy to get into the ...
When you move toa new city to attend college for the first time, one of the first things you have t ...
Understanding how to market promotional products in such a way that the college studentssee the pro ...
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
Raleigh, North Carolina 27617
Raleigh, North Carolina 27605
- University Village at 2505 Apartments
- The Summit At Avent Ferry Apartments
- Parkwood Village Apartments
- Gorman Crossings Apartments
- Clarion Crossing Apartments
- University Suites At NCSU Apartments
- Autumn Ridge Apartments
- Beachwood Park Townhomes Apartments
- Wolf Creek Apartments
- Campus Edge at Raleigh Apartments
- Sylvan Park Apartments
- University Towers Apartments
- University Glen Apartments
- University Woods Apartments
- University Meadows at Raleigh Apartments
- University Oaks Apartments
- Campus Crossings Apartments
- Centennial Ridge and Village Apartments
- Gorman Street Village Apartments
- Method Townhomes Apartments
- Redwolf Crossing Apartments
- Collegeview Apartments
- Village Green Apartments
- Brook Hill Townhomes Apartments
- Marquis on Edwards Mill Apartments
- North City 6 Apartments
- Apartments of Westgrove Apartments
- Arbor Crest Apartments
- Atria at Crabtree Valley Apartments
- Beckanna Apartments
- Bradford Crossing Apartments
- Brentwood East Apartments
- Brookefield Apartments
- Colonial Grand at Trinity Commons Apartments
- Concord Apartments
- Crossings at Alexander Place Apartments
- Highlands at Olde Raleigh Apartments
- Hunters Run Apartments
- Inman Park Apartments
- The Villages of Lake Boone Trail Apartments
- Laurel Springs Apartments
- Lexington Farms Apartments
- Lexington on the Green Apartments
- The Park at North Ridge Apartments
- Mariners Crossing Apartments
- The Enclave at Crossroads Apartments
- Northridge Crossings Apartments
- Oakwood Apartments
- Pine Winds Apartments
- Regatta at Lakelynn Apartments
- River Haven Apartments
- Six Forks Station Apartments
- Stonehenge Apartments
- Strickland Farms Apartments
- Sumter Square Apartments
- Trinity Park Apartments
- Village of Pickwick Apartments
- Wakefield Glenn Apartments
- Walnut Creek Apartments
- Walnut Ridge Apartments
- Cambridge Apartments
- Brookview Apartments
- Thornhill Apartments
- Brentwood West Apartments
- Carlton Place Apartments
- Clover Lane Townhomes Apartments
- Fairgate Apartments
- Glenwood Gardens Apartments
- Green Meadows Apartments
- Hunting Ridge Apartments
- Lantern Square Apartments
- Madison Glen Apartments
- Mayfaire Apartments
- Montecito Apartments
- Montecito West Apartments
- Northampton Apartments
- Pinnacle The Apartments
- Quail Ridge Apartments
- Wedgewood Apartments
- Colonial Village at Regency Place Apartments
- Remington Place Apartments
- Richmond Hills Apartments
- Sterling Forest Apartments
- Shamrock Apartments
- Shellbrook Apartments
- South Ridge Apartments
- The Trestles Apartments
- Tryon Village Apartments
- Wedgwood Apartments
- Westgrove Apartments
- Westgrove Towers Apartments
- Berkshires on Lynn Lake Apartments
- Edwards Mill Apartments
- Midtown Crossing Apartments
- Spring Forest Apartments
- Woodland Court Apartments
- Lake Johnson Mews Apartments
- Alexan Brier Creek Apartments
- Ashborough Apartments
- Auston Grove Apartments
- Brentmoor Apartments
- Cumberland Cove Apartments
- Grand Arbor Reserve Apartments
- The Groves Apartments
- Madison Hunters Glen Apartments
- Meredith Village Apartments
- The Reserve at Lake Lynn Apartments
- The Raleigh Apartments
- Calibre Chase Apartments
- Honeytree Apartments
- Villages of Lake Boone Trail Apartments
- Tree Top Apartments
- The Retreat at Raleigh Apartments
- The College Inn Apartments
- Avent Ferry Townhouses Apartments
- Stanhope Apartments