The capital of North Carolina and the county seat of Wake County, Raleigh, NC is known as the "City of Oaks" due to the trees which line its city streets. Founded in 1792, the city was named after Sir Walter Raleigh, who attempted to establish the first English colony in the new world more than 200 years before.
Though much of the city resides in Wake County, a small portion of it is located in neighboring Durham County. The Greater Raleigh Area consists of Raleigh as well as 11 other Wake County municipalities, including: Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell and Zebulon.
In 2013, the city was number three on the Forbes list of the best places for businesses and careers. In 2014, Forbes named it seventh on the top ten list of America's Smartest Cities and WalletHub listed it at number 8 for the Best Cities in America to Live. The Huffington Post named it among the five American cities that you should visit in 2015. Top employers there include the State of North Carolina, the Wake County Public School System, and North Carolina State University.
Raleigh is part of what is known as Research Triangle, the geographical area which houses North Carolina State University, Duke University in Durham, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In fact, the Greater Raleigh Area is home to 10 traditional colleges and universities, as well as satellite campuses and other private for-profit institutions of higher education. The Research Triangle Park is among the nation's largest and most respected research and development business parks.
Raleigh, NC college apartment rentals reflect the true diversity of the area.
Named the best small town in America, the suburb of Apex is just 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and is considered one of the most convenient areas in the Research Triangle in which to live. It offers an easy commute to colleges and universities as well as access to recreational facilities.
The Downtown neighborhood is truly where "all the action is" in Raleigh. Encompassing four of the local institutions of higher learning, downtown Raleigh is also home to "little New York," an area bustling with nightlife and one-of-a-kind restaurant experiences. It's perfect for youthful urban living, with plenty of places for residents to walk to.
Cameron Park features a close-knit community with a number of events held each year for the purpose of bringing residents together. It's close to North Carolina State University's campus, so this historic district is home to many students.
Oakwood, a neighborhood found on the National Register of Historic Places, features historic buildings just minutes from downtown and within the Raleigh beltline.
Midtown is located north of the I-440 beltline and offers residents a number of shops and restaurants. It also features the North Hill Park area, with a number of recreational and outdoor opportunities.
North Raleigh provides its apartment dwellers with wooded settings that are also convenient to downtown and the Research Triangle Park. The area is rapidly growing, taking in both inner beltway and outer beltway areas. This neighborhood also includes the North Hills Country Club and quick access to the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
The upscale Chapel Hill neighborhood is affluent living at its finest, as well as a convenience for those attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It features a vibrant downtown as well as plenty of choices for shopping and dining.
East Raleigh-South Park Historic District is a grouping of African-American neighborhoods. The 30-block area is located south of downtown and features grocery stores, churches, restaurants, and a unique feel that makes it a very desirable area to live in. The East Raleigh area is also in close proximity to the WakeMed Raleigh campus and easy driving distance from other colleges and universities in the area.
Each of our Raleigh apartment listings contains photos, floor plans, lists of amenities, and much more.
State : North Carolina
Area code(s) : 919, 984
Water : 2.0 sq mi (2.5 km2)
Elevation : 315 ft (96 m)
It can be tough to keep up with the seemingly endless influx of new gadgets and technology. For many ...
While many people attending college will have roommates to help share expenses, some students choose ...
You couldn't wait to get out on your own and into your first apartment. It's all yours--or, at least ...
- Alexan Brier Creek Apartments
- Apartments of Westgrove Apartments
- Arbor Crest Apartments
- Ashborough Apartments
- Atria at Crabtree Valley Apartments
- Auston Grove Apartments
- Autumn Ridge Apartments
- Avent Ferry Townhouses Apartments
- Beachwood Park Townhomes Apartments
- Beckanna Apartments
- Berkshires on Lynn Lake Apartments
- Bradford Crossing Apartments
- Brentmoor Apartments
- Brentwood East Apartments
- Brentwood West Apartments
- Brook Hill Townhomes Apartments
- Brookefield Apartments
- Calibre Chase Apartments
- Cambridge Apartments
- Campus Edge at Raleigh Apartments
- Carlton Place Apartments
- Centennial Ridge and Village Apartments
- Clarion Crossing Apartments
- Clover Lane Townhomes Apartments
- Collegeview Apartments
- Colonial Grand at Trinity Commons Apartments
- Concord Apartments
- Crossings at Alexander Place Apartments
- Cumberland Cove Apartments
- Edwards Mill Apartments
- Fairgate Apartments
- Glenwood Gardens Apartments
- Gorman Crossings Apartments
- Gorman Street Village Apartments
- Grand Arbor Reserve Apartments
- Green Meadows Apartments
- Highlands at Olde Raleigh Apartments
- Hunters Run Apartments
- Hunting Ridge Apartments
- Inman Park Apartments
- Lake Johnson Mews Apartments
- Laurel Springs Apartments
- Lexington Farms Apartments
- Lexington on the Green Apartments
- Madison Glen Apartments
- Madison Hunters Glen Apartments
- Mariners Crossing Apartments
- Marquis on Edwards Mill Apartments
- Mayfaire Apartments
- Method Townhomes Apartments
- Midtown Crossing Apartments
- Montecito Apartments
- Montecito West Apartments
- North City 6 Apartments
- Northampton Apartments
- Northridge Crossings Apartments
- Oakwood Apartments
- Parkwood Village Apartments
- Pine Winds Apartments
- Quail Ridge Apartments
- Redwolf Crossing Apartments
- Regatta at Lakelynn Apartments
- Remington Place Apartments
- Richmond Hills Apartments
- River Haven Apartments
- Shamrock Apartments
- Shellbrook Apartments
- Six Forks Station Apartments
- South Ridge Apartments
- Spring Forest Apartments
- Stanhope Apartments
- Sterling Forest Apartments
- Stonehenge Apartments
- Strickland Farms Apartments
- Sumter Square Apartments
- Sylvan Park Apartments
- The College Inn Apartments
- The Enclave at Crossroads Apartments
- The Groves Apartments
- The Park at North Ridge Apartments
- The Pinnacle Apartments
- The Raleigh Apartments
- The Reserve at Lake Lynn Apartments
- The Retreat at Raleigh Apartments
- The Summit At Avent Ferry Apartments
- The Villages of Lake Boone Trail Apartments
- Thornhill Apartments
- Tree Top Apartments
- Trinity Park Apartments
- Tryon Village Apartments
- University Glen Apartments
- University Meadows at Raleigh Apartments
- University Oaks Apartments
- University Suites At NCSU Apartments
- University Towers Apartments
- University Village at 2505 Apartments
- University Woods Apartments
- Village Green Apartments
- Village of Pickwick Apartments
- Villages of Lake Boone Trail Apartments
- Wakefield Glenn Apartments
- Walnut Creek Apartments
- Walnut Ridge Apartments
- Wedgewood Apartments
- Wedgwood Apartments
- Westgrove Towers Apartments
- Wolf Creek Apartments
- Woodland Court Apartments